Well, I promised I’d bring you some Fun, FREE Sunshine Coast activities that you may like to explore with the kids on the Christmas holidays so I did some research and found some amazing local treasures AND a few homebound activities too.
My First Three, FREE & Fun activities
- Become a little MAD…Scientist – It’s time to get SLIMEY. Join the slime craze, get your fingers dirty by making gooey glittery slime, the kids will love it.
- SLIMEY…. Slime is back…. Click for the recipe.
- Climb A Mountain or two or three….
- Mt Tinbeerwah – it’s an easy walk with a fabulous panoramic view of the Noosa region. A mountain climb for beginners. :0
- Wild Horse Mountain – it’s quite steep but has bitumen all the way to the top. It’s the smallest of the Glass House Mountains. Stunning views of the coastal strip, a great way to keep fit.
- Mt Coolum – if you want a good work out for your legs – this is your mountain! I’ve tried to count the steps but lose count every time. The view at the top is breathtaking! Very doable for kids.
- Find a Secret Freshwater Swimming Hole
- Gardeners Falls – it’s a beautiful hidden treasure. Great spot in Maleny along the Obi Obi Creek. There’s a swing rope for the daring and bbq areas for some relaxing. The kids will love it 🙂
- Artists Cascades – the Sunshine Coast Hinterland is stunning and you’ll find Artists Cascades, in the Conondale National Park. It’s a fair walk to the falls (10 kms round trip) but worth the effort. 10kms is nothing right?
If you take some photos – make sure you post me some pics please 🙂
The photo below is at Stumers Beach, a stunning location and best of all is loved by fur kids too – it’s an off leash area and is super popular.